12 Apr 2012

Review: Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

Storm (Elementals #1) by Brigid Kemmerer

April 24th, 2012 Kensington

Source: Won

Format: ARC

Page Count: 432

Earth, Fire, Air, Water – they have more power than you dream.

Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her, Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys—all the ones she doesn't want. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water—just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They’re powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.

And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.

Secrets are hard to keep when your life’s at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who’s hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

The storm is coming . . .


Review:
Before I get started on those moreish Merricks, I must mention Becca! Boy, do I LOVE this girl! Feisty, kind, tough and smart, not only is she all that and more but I had such a great connection with her! She’s the kind of character I’d love to be friends with.
The Merrick Brothers – woah! They are the definition of hotness! The story mainly revolves around Chris, however his brothers are plenty involved and you get to know, meet and crush on them many times throughout the book. The list goes on and on with reasons why I love the Merricks but one is because they are refreshingly real, with problems, troubles and hassles of their own. Also, Gabrielle packs a mean punch.
Chris is gorgeous. My, my, my am I head over heels in love! The boy is amazing, makes me swoon in delight and despite not always being on the best of terms with his brothers, he’s always got their back. He’s so caring and kind towards to Becca and it’s so sweet how he gets when he’s around her.
What can you expect from this pack of brothers? Hostility, testosterone levels off the chart and fist fights, which lead to some pretty funny moments I might add. Think there’s lots of tension between the brothers? Well just wait til you bring in an outsider from town, who takes an interest in Becca and it just adds to the fire!
I’m going to miss these characters like mad but luckily this is a series, so we haven’t heard the last of them yet!
I was grinning so much during this novel, luckily I wasn’t in a public place otherwise I would of looked like a loony!
I did suspect a few things which turned out to be true, but then again I seem to have a pretty good intuition about people and situations. However this certainly didn’t take away from the story and how much I enjoyed reading it!
Brigid Kemmerer - where did this talented, amazing lady come from! Her prose is beautiful and flows easily; it had me in a page flipping frenzy. Her characters are simply amazing and totally relatable, especially the boys of the story as they were written so spot on and true to life.  It has the perfect teenage vibe. Seriously, is Brigid a teen or something? Because it sure felt that way!
Mix in a kickass protagonist, smoking hot brothers, the elements, a thrilling plot and a good dash of swooning and you’ve got Storm!
If for some silly reason your on the fence about this book, don’t be. Go order a copy right now, I can pretty much guarantee you’ll love it just as much as I did.
5/5
WARNING: Squealing, shrieking, grinning and chuckling may occur when reading this epic book!

2 comments:

  1. Can I hear a HELL YES for Becca? *shouts* HELL YES! (both Becca's haha). I SO agree, she's such an amazing heroine, definitely in my favourites list. And mmm yes, so are the Merrick's :D

    Gosh, I adored Chris! I love each of them for entirely different reasons. As you know though, Gabriel in particular did things to my lusty heart.

    Nodding my head yes, yes, yes to everything you write - characters SO relatable and writtenly amazingly authentic... thrilling, addictive plot and I love how well Brigid tackled bullying, sexual assault, etc.

    Brigid is well and truly taking the YA world by storm :D Fabulous review, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You? Becca? In love with... CHRIS, you say? Noo... I never would have guessed. I don't believe you. LIES. LIES I SAY :P

    Ha! Oh, Becca, amazing review... I love how you've described the boys. I mean, yes, there's the hotness, everything between them. LOVE IT. Fab review, m'dear! xx

    ReplyDelete